Roadkill in the Theater
22 Oct, 2021~
14 Nov, 2021
Weekdays 7:00pm ㅣSat & Sun 3pmㅣNo performance on Tuesday
R 50,000KRW | S 35,000KRW | A 20,000KRW
175 minutes. Subject to change.
■ In line with the current social distancing measures (Level 4) enforced by the South Korean government in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19, seats between different groups will be left empty. This is subject to change as per the social distancing level.
- Bookings may be made for groups of up to 2 people for Mon-Fri and 4 people for Sat & Sun. One seat on either side of each group will be left empty.
■ Barrier-free services will be provided for all performances: sign language interpretation, audio description, and Korean subtitles.
- Simultaneous sign language interpretation will be provided on stage. The sign language interpreters may move location during the performance.
- Audio description services will be provided on stage. The visual details of the performance will be audio-described.
- Korean subtitles will appear on the LED panel installed above the stage, equally readable to viewers on the first and second floors.
- English subtitles will be provided on Thursdays and Sundays using two large screens—one on each side of the stage.
- If you are accompanied by a guide dog, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org before booking for information on seating arrangements.
- If you require further mobility assistance during your visit, please direct your inquires to email@example.com.
■ Wheelchair Users
- The fifth row of the middle block on the second floor is reserved for wheelchair users.
- Both electric and regular wheelchair users can enjoy the performance from their wheelchairs.
■ Further information
- The production is rated PG (for aged 7 (8 years in Korean age) or older). Elementary school students are advised to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The performance contains profanity and descriptions of death. As per directorial intent, stage fog effects are used for some scenes.
- Additional seats may become available after installing the stage and conducting rehearsals.
- Please bring to the box office proof of eligibility for any discounts you’ve selected.
If you fail to produce adequate materials, you will be charged the full price. You may not switch to another type of discount.
- It is your responsibility to read and understand the ticketing and admission rules. Tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or changed as a result of your failure to do so.
I was only trying to cross the road.
“You thought I’d remain ignorant.”
Those who are deprived of freedom begin to raise their voices. Director Jahye Khoo’s latest work Roadkill in the Theater takes a courageous step towards delving into the other side of deaths of animals caused by human greed. There is no room for sloppy sentimentalism in the final moments of these animals conveyed with calmness. Here, ‘in the theater,’ audiences are invited to dream of small yet concrete changes.
Written and directed by Jahye Khoo
(Executive Director of Theater, Definitely)
Playwright and theater director Jahye Khoo explores different ways in which contemporary issues are embodied on stage as well as the role of art, thereby evoking a sense of doubt and skepticism. Her works can be described as powerful representations of the voices of minorities. Together with actors, she devises onstage utterances that challenge and raise questions about theatricality. Khoo’s recent works include We Are (Not) For Jokes, a compelling declaration of transgender pride, and This Is Only for The Audiences, DOOSAN ART CENTER Streaming Service Theater, which delves into the problem of perception of reenactment on stage in the post-pandemic era.