04 Sep, 2019~
29 Sep, 2019
Les Fourberies de Scapin
Weekdays 19:30 ㅣWeekends 15:00ㅣNo performance on Tuesday
※ 9/12(Thur), 9/13(Fri) No performance
R 50,000KRW | S 35,000KRW | A 20,000KRW
* English subtitles will be provided on every Thursday and Sunday.
Age Restriction Suitable for ages 8 and over
* Please ensure you arrive 30mins before the program time. The box office can be busy and you may need to queue.
* We will endeavor to admit latecomers at the first suitable opportunity, which may be the interval. For some Events late admission cannot be guaranteed.
* Re-entry is mostly NOT allowed. In an exceptional case of re-entering, you may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
* The discount on tickets will only be available when presented with the necessary papers or documents. Tickets have to be paid in full when they are not presented.
The English have Shakespeare, and the French have Molière!
Scapin the Schemer (French: Les Fourberies de Scapin), one of the most beloved plays by the world-renowned French playwright Molière, is staged by the National Theater Company of Korea. Characterized by its endless wordplays and ingenious wit, this social satire catches us off guard like a breath of fresh air! Molière’s unique comedy is further complemented by Im Do-wan, a director known as the master of physical theater, who employs various movements and live music to create the most wonderful theater experience for those feeling tired and worn out in everyday life.
“He comes to our rescue whenever we’re in trouble!”
His polished eloquence draws us in.
His brilliant strategies solve all problems.
His audacity throws a curve without mercy.
His cheeky charm is impossible to resist.
‘Scapin’ is the name of our great fixer
Original novel by Molière
Molière is one of the greatest masters of French comedy and a celebrated playwright/actor. In 17th century France, where only tragedy was deemed artistic, Molière changed the entire course of theater history by presenting witty satires on stage. The social impact of his work marked the beginning of French comedy. To this day, he remains one of the most widely read writers in France. His timeless popularity means his plays continue to be performed by countless theater companies around the world. The Molière Awards are considered the highest theater honor internationally.
Theatrical adaptation & Directed by Im Do-wan
Im Do-wan currently serves as Head of Sadari Movement Lab, and teaches in the Department of Performing Arts at Seoul Institute of the Arts. He graduated from L'École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq in France. As a director, he is widely known for his unique style that emphasizes the language of mime and movements. By presenting on stage movements that are more powerful than words, he has opened a new chapter in the history of Korean physical theater. His production of Woyzeck earned him worldwide renown after it won the Herald Angels Awards at the 2017 Edinburgh Festival.